Tell me what it is you want to do with your one wild and precious life? -mary oliver

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stars and Snowflakes

Begin doing what you want to do now.  We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake.   Marie Ray

After the kids are in bed, I upload the pictures and relive the star moments I've captured during the day.  This time,  I've Sarah sitting in my lap, after waking from the town's fireworks. 
Addy and Austin went to my sister's for the long weekend, so my closest and dear friends came over to play with Sarah and spend time catching up on their summer adventures and plans.  Sarah didn't disappoint as she required each one to read and work the puzzle with her.
 Sarah went for her first haircut today.  While her hair is long in the back, a mullet's formed on the side and requires pony tails and bows to look presentable.  She never moved an inch in the chair.  I was so proud of her and the stylists could not believe how still she was.  Adorable!!


 She always looked ornery before.  But with her new sassy do, the orneriness factor has tripled.
Our town had its annual festival this weekend, so we walked down to see the sights.  Families on the lawn, music playing, and the fried food vendors throughout the park.



We stopped at the Animal Shelter booth so she could pet some dogs, and she loved it.   Of course, getting her back in the stroller was not pleasant.  She didn't want to say goodbye.


And then, we stopped at the playground.  She laughed, she waved, she yelled with excitement as she climbed up and slid down the slide.

Tonight at dinner, the three of us sat together and remembered that four weeks ago, she touched ground on the United States of America.  She met her grandparents at the airport, walked into her new home, and found her place.  And she's never looked back.

Whether the kids are playing, sleeping, or any activity, I capture these star and snowflake moments in my mind or with my camera, because these moments are what I want to do now. 
My snowflake that melts.


3 comments:

  1. What a pretty haircut!!
    I can't believe how still she sat. shelly, she is just amazing on every level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I'm digging those shoes in the first photo, Sarah! Can I borrow them? I'm loving your sassy new 'do, also! Work it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can it be four weeks already?
    And that short little bob haircut...just when I think there's no way she could get any cuter...

    ReplyDelete