Tell me what it is you want to do with your one wild and precious life? -mary oliver

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What We Cannot See At The Time

If ever I believed that small acts can make a difference, it has been on this amazing journey thus far! In June, I began keeping a journal of all the feelings, hopes, and signs pointing us on the road less traveled. I'm so glad I did because not only will it be a story to share with Sarah, but a testimony of how when a door closes, a window opens filled with treasures. Our story continues to add chapters as we learn about those who loved our child before we ever knew her. I have already been asked to share our story with a small group at church and in our kids' classrooms at school. Yesterday, another RED THREAD connection to Sarah was made!!!

In March, a young lady in her 20's was led to be a Prayer Warrior for Sarah. She blogged about her. She advocated for her. Most of all, she prayed for Sarah to find her forever family. Before I even learned of Reece's Rainbow, before I even thought about adoption, and before we were even to begin our journey, a young woman was praying for a child she has never met, a child she saw on a website, and a child who would find her forever family in August. This young woman is living life to the fullest advocating for orphans and is making a difference!! Her blog is  Life to the Fullest. Melany, we are so grateful for your prayers. You made a difference for our little girl!!

We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.


Never underestimate the power of what your small act can do to change a life forever!!!

4 comments:

  1. hi. i found ur blog thru "saving sofia". i follow a few of the other adoption blogs as well. i am just so inspired by your story. looking forward to following ur journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of prayer warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet post!!! But I promise, it is such a HUGE blessing to me to know that she has a family!!! :) I couldn't resist those cute little pig tails when scrolling through all the children on RR to find one to be "warrior" for!! I'm so thankful that you are following the Lord's commands and going after her! :) I'll probably get a little "stalkerish" over the course of this journey!!! :) But in a good way! I just can't wait to be on my own adoption journey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found your blog through another...please send me your email as I am having trouble linking to yours...I have the sweetest story...strangely like the "red thread"...

    ReplyDelete