Tell me what it is you want to do with your one wild and precious life? -mary oliver

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Ants Go Marching One by One...

The ants are once again in our house.  We had a problem early spring, but they soon moved outside.  Ants are one of my "issues"!  I can handle most creatures somewhat, but ants send me flying!  It doesn't matter how clean I am, they still come and I can't stop them.

Since the onset of the ants, we decided food only at the table.  Before, crackers and dry cereal could go into the great room while watching tv.   We also have instilled in the kids to clean up after themselves (crumbs and dishes), so they become more aware of the ant problem and take responsibility for their things.

After dinner, I looked where they had sat and the infestation was huge, in part because of crumbs they had not cleaned up.  So, I gave them lysol wipes and they began cleaning up the ants.  After a few minutes, Austin began singing like only Austin can.  "The ants go marching one by one. Hurrah, Hurrah!"  Andy and I could barely keep it together we were laughing so hard.  Guess it's not only, Whistle while you work.  But Sing while you work and sing an applicable song!!! 
Celebrate the small moments, because one day you'll look back and realize they were BIG.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment